NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – Two adults, a child, and two dogs were displaced by a fire in a Newport News apartment late Saturday night.
Fire crews responded to the 900 block of Lucas Creek Road after a fire was reported in a bedroom of an apartment.
Firefighters brought the flames under control quickly and were able to contain it in the bedroom area, according to a fire department spokesman.
The Red Cross assisted the two adults and child with lodging, food and clothing.
Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental but officials have not said what started it.