CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — A suspect younger than 16 years of age was charged Thursday for a bomb threat at Currituck County High School earlier in the week.
Around 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a bomb threat written on a bathroom wall at the school, according to Lindsay Voorhees with the sheriff’s office. Deputies immediately started an investigation and they, with an explosive-detecting K-9, cleared the building by 9 a.m.
On Thursday, a suspect was identified. Around 11:30 a.m. the juvenile was questioned and charged, Voorhees said.
“Petitions are on file charging the juvenile with general statute § 14-69.1(c) – Making a False Report Concerning a Destructive Device –Public Building,” Voorhees said.