Dog killed in Hampton apartment fire

Hampton Fire Department generic

HAMPTON Va. (WAVY) — A dog was killed in an apartment fire in Hampton early Saturday morning.

Firefighters responded to Mariners Cove Road around 3 a.m. and found fire coming from a third floor balcony.

Two people escaped the flames from their balcony before crews arrived by using an exterior stairway, according to a fire department spokesman. Medics assessed both people on the scene but were not taken to the hospital.

After interviewing the residents of the apartment, a fire marshal determined the fire was accidental and caused by ashes from incense falling into a trash can and igniting its contents.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents of the apartment.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s