Two flee Hampton fire through window

hamp house fire

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – One person was taken to a local hospital after an early morning fire in Hampton.

The fire sparked around 1:45 a.m. along Rendon Drive. A chief on scene told WAVY.com two people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Both were able to get themselves out through a window.

One was taken to a local hospital just for observation. Their condition is unknown.

The cause was determined to be careless cooking. Officials say the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s