Two flee Hampton fire through window

hamp house fire

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – One person was taken to a local hospital after an early morning fire in Hampton.

The fire sparked around 1:45 a.m. along Rendon Drive. A chief on scene told WAVY.com two people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Both were able to get themselves out through a window.

One was taken to a local hospital just for observation. Their condition is unknown.

The cause was determined to be careless cooking. Officials say the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus