Carbon monoxide detected at VB Wal-Mart

WAVY/Lex Gray
WAVY/Lex Gray

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A Virginia Beach Wal-Mart was evacuated Friday morning for a carbon monoxide incident.

Battalion Chief Amy Valdez told WAVY.com staff heard a carbon monoxide detector going off in the building at 7:42 a.m. Crews arrived at the store in the 600 block of Phoenix Drive, and evacuated the building due to the levels of CO detected.

Valdez said crews secured a HVAC rooftop unit, which they believed was the primary source of the carbon monoxide. The building was being ventilated, but had not reopened as of 3 p.m.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s