WASHINGTON (WAVY) – Sen. Tim Kaine will be one of more than two dozen senators set to speak about climate change Monday night into Tuesday morning.
More than 25 members of the Senate Climate Action Task Force will present a series of speeches on the Senate floor after final votes are cast Monday. The speeches will continue through 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The goal? Urging action on climate change.
Other senators expected to participate include the following:
- Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
- Senator Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
- Senator Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
- Senator Patty Murray, D-Wash.
- Senator Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I.
- Senator Barbara Boxer, D-Calif.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
- Senator Ron Wyden, D-Ore.
- Senator Bill Nelson, D-Fla.
- Senator Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
- Senator Benjamin L. Cardin, D-Md.
- Senator Bernard Sanders, I-Vt.
- Senator Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
- Senator Mark Udall, D-Colo.
- Senator Tom Udall, D-N.M.
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H.
- Senator Jeff Merkley, D-Ore.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.
- Senator Al Franken, D-Minn.
- Senator Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
- Senator Chris Murphy, D-Conn.
- Senator Martin Heinrich, D-N.M.
- Senator Angus King, I-Maine
- Senator Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
- Senator Edward J. Markey, D-Mass.
- Senator Cory Booker, D-N.J.