NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Crews were dispatched to a home in Norfolk Monday morning for a report of a fire.
Firefighters were called to the 5600 block of Elizabeth Avenue around 8:30 a.m. and found light smoke coming from a duplex. The resident was standing outside and told officials he thought his electrical box caught fire in his kitchen.
Battalion Chief Julian Williamson with Norfolk Fire and Rescue said Virginia Dominion Power was called to the scene to remove electrical service to the duplex.
Crews searched the home and did not find anyone else inside. No injuries were reported.
Fire damage was minimal, Williamson said. Both apartments will be uninhabitable until electrical repairs can be made.