Burning food fills Portsmouth apartment with smoke

Kenny Lane fire

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – No one was hurt in an apartment fire in Portsmouth Saturday afternoon.

Chief Jim Hoffler with Portsmouth Fire-Rescue said someone fell asleep while cooking inside an apartment on Kenny Lane. A neighbor called the fire department after seeing smoke coming from the apartment.

Hoffler said the fire did not spread past the food on the stove.

No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s