PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Our live audience was here Friday to tell us how you can get buzzed for a good cause, and we’re not talking about drinking. Our live audience was from St. Baldrick’s Foundation Hampton Roads Shave to Raise.
1. St. Baldrick’s Foundation event March 8, starting at 9 a.m will raise money for Pediatric Cancer Research
2. Participants shave their heads to raise money. Last year we had 186 shavees and raised $126,363.
3. The event is held at The Westin Virginia Beach, 4535 Commerce Street,Virginia Beach, VA is family friendly and there is a silent auction.
4. Great Clips is donating their stylist’s time to shave heads, and this is their 11th year.
5. Cancer is the number 1 disease killer of children.
Shave or Support A Shavee - Click here for more information.