Two displaced by accidental fire in Hampton

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Two people were displaced by an accidental fire at a Hampton townhouse Thursday.

Captain Jeffrey Pereira with the Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue said a neighbor called about a smell of smoke coming from a townhouse in the first block of Owl Creek Court at 12:15 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, crews found flames in a second-floor bedroom and bathroom. Pereira said no one was inside the home.

The fire did not spread to any neighboring townhouses.

Pereira said the Hampton Fire Marshal’s office determined the fire started in a second-floor bathroom and spread to the adjoining bedroom.

No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s