HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Get ready to pay more for cable and internet, if you’re a Cox subscriber.
Starting March 1, Cox Cable rates are going up. Spokeswoman Emma Inman told 10 On Your Side the rates are going up about three to four extra dollars a month. Here are the specifics for the various plans:
- The Cox TV Essential plan will go from $63.29 a month to $67.99
- The Cox TV starter is going up from $21.30 to $24.99
- TV Economy will go up from $34.99 to $38.99
- DVR service is going up $9.99 to $11.99
- Multi DVR service up from $14.99 to $19.99
- Advance TV premier will rise to $92.89
- The internet services will go up between $2 and $5
- starter internet will go from $25.99 to $29.99
The reason — programming and re-transmission costs are going up.
This is the first time Cox has raised its rates significantly in two years.