Suffolk apartment fire causes $2k in damage

WAVY News
WAVY News

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk police and fire crews responded to a structure fire Friday evening that caused about $2,000 worth of damage.

Timothy Kelly with Suffolk City said a 911 call came in just before 7 p.m. for a two-story apartment building fire in the 200 block of Central Avenue. When crews arrived, they found light smoke coming from the building.

“The fire had run up the side of the exterior of the house and under the siding and between the studs,” Kelly said. “The fire was declared under control at 7:15 p.m.”

None of the residents were displaced as a result of the fire and no one was injured.

The incident remains under investigation by the Suffolk Fire Marshal’s Office. Stay with WAVY.com for updates as they become available. 

blog comments powered by Disqus