Hair salon catches fire in Portsmouth

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Employees and customers escaped a fire at a hair salon in the London Plaza strip mall Thursday evening.

Just after 6:30 p.m., Portsmouth fire crews were called to the 1100 block of London Boulevard for a commercial fire, according to Chief Hoffler.

The salon was open and people were inside when the fire began near a light fixture on the outside of the building. All were able to exit the building safely.

Hoffler said the fire was kept to the building’s exterior, but there was some smoke damage to the inside of the business.

 “The fire department did a great job of getting to the scene fast and getting the fire put out,” Hoffler told WAVY.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus