Space heater causes Chesapeake duplex fire

chesapeake fire engine

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters were called to a duplex fire in the Indian River section of Chesapeake Tuesday afternoon.

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said crews were dispatched to the 2000 block of Speedy Avenue at 3:18 p.m. When they arrived, smoke was coming from a one-story residential duplex. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to one bedroom and control the fire by 3:28 p.m.

No one was injured, but two adults and a child have been displaced due to fire damage.

Saunders said the fire appears to have been caused by a space heater that was too close to combustibles.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s