FD: Accidental house fire began in fireplace

virginia beach fire department generic

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters responded to residential fire in the Kings Grant subdivision of Virginia Beach Tuesday night.

Just before 5:30 p.m., Virginia Beach fire crews were dispatched to the 3800 block of Prince Andrew Court, according to Battalion Chief Patrick Seigh. Upon arrival, firefighters found fire coming from the second floor of a home and extending into the roof area.

It took about 30 fire personnel 40 minutes to completely extinguish the fire. Seigh said damage was estimated to be heavy on the second floor and attic of the residence.

There were two occupants home at the time the fire was discovered, but there were no injuries to civilians or fire personnel.

Seigh said the fire was accidental, catching near the chimney after the residents started a fire in the fireplace.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s