Resident gets kitchen fire under control

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters and residents battled a kitchen fire in Hampton Sunday evening.

Assistant Chief Tracy Hanger with the Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue said the fire sparked around 6 p.m. in the 300 block of Agecroft Court. When crews arrived on scene they found light smoke coming from the front door of the home.

Inside, they found a fire in the kitchen that had already been brought under control by a resident with a portable fire extinguisher, Hanger said. The rest of the fire was extinguished by firefighters.

Cooking is said to be the cause of the fire, which was contained to the kitchen cabinets.

Hanger said the home suffered smoke and water damage. No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s