HVAC malfunction blamed for fire

Chopper 10 House fire in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A malfunctioning HVAC unit is believed to be the source of a fire that damaged a Chesapeake home Friday afternoon.

Heavy smoke and flames were coming from the 2-story home when fire crews arrived at the home in the 2300 block of Halyard Lane just before 3:30 p.m. That’s in the Deep Creek section of the city.

It took firefighters about half an hour to bring the fire under control.

The two adults who live there were not injured, but they will have to find somewhere else to stay; the home was ruled uninhabitable.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s