CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Crews responded to a residential fire in the Hickory section of the city Friday night.
Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said firefighters were dispatched a 8:36 p.m. to the 900 block of Head of River Road. They arrived at 8:44 p.m. to find a large detached garage fully involved in heavy flames.
Saunders said it took firefighters about ten minutes to control the fire, and the garage was destroyed. Fuel leaking from a vehicle inside the garage seems to be the origin of the fire.
No one was injured.