3 people displaced after VB condo fire

VB Fire generic

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – No one was injured after a fire started at a Virginia Beach condominium Sunday morning.

Fire crews responded to the 400 block of Adkins Arch just before 11 a.m. following reports of a fire in a first-floor condo. Firefighters worked quickly and brought the flames under control in about 10 minutes, according to a press release from the Virginia Beach Fire Department.

Three people who were inside the condo at the time of the fire made it out of the building on their own, with one person suffering from smoke inhalation.  That person refused to be transported to the hospital.

Crews also rescued two cats and a dog from the burning building.

Fire Marshals determined the fire was accidental and caused by cooking.

The people who live in the condo will not be able to stay in the building until repairs can be made, a spokesman said in a news release.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s