Suffolk kitchen fire displaces 9

Suffolk house fire displaces 9
Suffolk house fire displaces 9

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A kitchen fire in a Suffolk home early Saturday morning displaced six children and three adults.

Fire crews arrived in the 600 block of Brook Avenue in the Saratoga neighborhood minutes after receiving a call for a kitchen fire around 4:09 a.m.

Crews quickly brought the fire that was confined to the kitchen under control, according to a fire department spokesperson.

A firefighter suffered a minor cut on his hand and was taken to Sentara Obici Hospital for treatment.

The Red Cross assisted the family with a place to stay following fire.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental, a fire department spokesperson said in a press release.

blog comments powered by Disqus