Fire damages storage unit at VB restaurant

Report It/Beth Bailey
Report It/Beth Bailey

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Fire damaged a storage unit outside a Virginia Beach mall restaurant Saturday.

According to Battalion Chief Debbie Gaudet with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, there was a fire in a storage unit at the Uno’s Pizzeria & Grill located in the Lynnhaven Mall loop. Gaudet said the storage unit was damaged, but there was no damage to the restaurant’s interior aside from some light smoke.

The Uno’s restaurant was evacuated, but the mall was not.

It is unclear at this time how the fire started, but Guadet said crews were able to put out the flames in ten minutes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s