VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY ) — Three people and a dog were able to escape a house fire in Virginia Beach Friday night.
Chief Taylor with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said a 911 call came in around 8:40 p.m. for a house fire in the 3700 block of Kings Point Road. Fire crews arrived at the scene just a few minutes later.
The department declared the fire extinguished at 9:17 p.m.
Taylor said three people and a dog were inside the home when the fire started, but all were able to escape without injury. The residents have been displaced from the home, due to fire damage.
Taylor said the fire seems to have been caused by electrical wiring in the attic.
No further information has been released. Stay with WAVY.com for updates as they become available.