Three people, dog escape Virginia Beach house fire

WAVY/Ferlon Webster
WAVY/Ferlon Webster

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY ) — Three people and a dog were able to escape a house fire in Virginia Beach Friday night.

Chief Taylor with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said a 911 call came in around 8:40 p.m. for a house fire in the 3700 block of Kings Point Road. Fire crews arrived at the scene just a few minutes later.

The department declared the fire extinguished at 9:17 p.m.

Taylor said three people and a dog were inside the home when the fire started, but all were able to escape without injury. The residents have been displaced from the home, due to fire damage.

Taylor said the fire seems to have been caused by electrical wiring in the attic.

No further information has been released. Stay with WAVY.com for updates as they become available.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s