Garage fire sparks in Portsmouth

Photo by WAVY/Larry Carney
Photo by WAVY/Larry Carney

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY ) – Portsmouth crews battled a garage fire early Thursday morning.

Around 6 a.m., dispatchers told WAVY.com there was a fire in the 300 block of Taft Drive. When WAVY News crews arrived on scene, they found a lot of smoke in the area and fire crews on scene.

Chief Mike Stockton with the Portsmouth Police Department said the garage was fully involved when crews arrived and all occupants were out of the home. Firefighters were able to keep the fire from extending to the home.

The garage was a loss.

blog comments powered by Disqus