PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – We talked with BayPort Credit Union Financial Analyst Chris Jones about sticking to those New Year’s resolutions.
New Year’s Resolution Success (Information from BayPort Credit Union)
Here are three considerations to make, if you’re resolving to make progress financially in 2014:
- Understand What You’re Resolving To Do
- Define Success (make a budget or set a goal).
- Consider obstacles.
- Know the costs (what sacrifices might need to be made?).
- Establish Accountability
- Enlist your spouse, family member, or trusted friend.
- Share your progress with them.
- Allow them to share feedback and receive it.
- Don’t put off until tomorrow.
- Expect bumps in the road.
- Pick yourself up and start again.
If it is a financial matter around which you’re building your resolution, there’s a BayPort branch near you, where you can sit and discuss those plans with someone who has all the tools to help you on your way.
For more on how you can stay in your holiday shopping budget, stop by any of the 16 BayPort Credit Union locations across Hampton Roads.
This segment of The Hampton Roads Show is sponsored by BayPort Credit Union.