Fire breaks out at Chesapeake home

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Chesapeake crews took care of a small fire at a home Monday morning.

Capt. Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department told firefighters were dispatched to a home on Lancing Way in the Deep Creek area around 11:55 a.m. Crews arrived on scene less than 10 minutes later.

Saunders said the fire involved the electrical meter base inside the home and also damaged the natural gas meter.

The damage was limited to the side of the home around the meters. No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s